Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Don't Be Afraid! Don't Be Dismayed!

This past Sunday, Pastor Donovan shared with us (paraphrased here) that sometimes we ask for prayer but we aren’t sure what will happen; then, there is a “reconnect” and we are strengthened.

I had the privilege of experiencing this yesterday. In the morning I had an encouraging conversation with a dear friend of mine, and later in the evening I had another encouraging conversation with a colleague I had not seen in months. Prior to these conversations, I had been in prayer for myself and for others, and was feeling grossly inadequate—weak in my prayer life, weak in my own efforts to remain connected to Christ, weak in my attempts to accomplish projects that are taking much longer to complete than I think they ought.

In the conversations my friends and I had yesterday, the Lord reminded us of some things He had said and done for us over the past few months. I remembered the profound ways in which God has answered the deep prayers of my heart on previous occasions, and my soul regained confidence in His ability to make the impossible possible. Before sundown, my anxieties had subsided and I was fully freed to engage in worship at last night’s service.

Pastor Donovan shared a wonderful statement with us that we can reflect upon today: “Possibilities belong to us, but impossibilities belong to God.” What a relief! We take encouragement in the presence and power of our great God, with whom all things are possible.

 My dear ones, don’t be afraid! I still calm the winds and waves. Rest in Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment