Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Am, Not Kidding.

I exist.
I was.
I become.
I continue.
I happen.
I accomplish.


In John 11:25, Jesus's statement begins with a profound concept expressed in the tiniest of words: "I am".

Do you believe I am?

(I suppose the only answer I can give is "Yes, I believe you Jesus: You're the I Am, the Holy One, the Lord.")

Do you believe I know what's best for you?

(It shouldn't be too hard to agree with that: after all, Jesus knows everything- surely He knows what's best for me. "Yes, God.")

Do you believe I am incapable of error?

(Uh-oh. If Jesus makes no mistakes, then I'd better not make the mistake of ignoring what He says.)

What reason can you give for not doing what I have asked you to do?

(How dare I say no to the Lord of everything? What am I still afraid of? Why can't I just say yes and really mean it?)

Friends, let's get bold about our total obedience to Jesus. It might cost us love, relationships, jobs, convenience, reputation, whatever... but what greater experience can we have than the joy of being on the same page as our Lord?

Do you really love Him? Don't be found in opposition to His plan for you. He Is, and He's not kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment