Saturday, December 20, 2008

Word of Prophecy: The Little Flock, Encouraged.

On this past Sunday Pastor Joy shared a prophetic word during the first service, which I'd like to reflect on as we close out this week:

"Trust God completely. He will give you capacity."

Sometimes, as Christians, we give the impression that we are immune from suffering. But such an attitude is in opposition to the word of Christ, who has told us that suffering is part of the package that comes with being a follower of Jesus (see Matthew 5:11-12).

The prophetic word reminds us that it is God who gives us the ability and strength to endure in difficult times. I am not denying the fact that God is able to shield us from hardships, but what I am saying is that I want you to respond to God in a spirit of trust in whatever state you are.

Whether He chooses to deliver you from hardship or deliver you through hardship is His choice, not yours. And, frequently, your testimony is proven not in the good times, but in those moments where your world is crumbling. As Pastor Joy said, the Lord will give us the capacity needed to endure in difficult times... but we must trust Him fully and completely.

What makes faith easy? Knowing that God has spoken... knowing that God has stated something very clearly and unmistakably, and knowing that He keeps His word. In His speaking, He has given me one piece of a jigsaw puzzle. I don't have all the pieces, I don't know when the jigsaw puzzle will be completed, but I know the puzzle exists because I'm holding one piece. And I can die without seeing the whole puzzle put together. The one piece that God has shown me is enough to keep me encouraged, to keep me moving forward, to keep me secure in Him and in His trustworthiness.

Trust God completely.
He will give you capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment