Monday, December 22, 2008

God, I Hear You. I'm Not Missing You This Time.

Yesterday's services were especially meaningful for me. It was one of those days where the pastor and the musicians disappeared, and I heard God speaking so clearly.

I should backtrack and first share with you part of an entry from my journal, which I wrote on December 14:

"...I appreciate where God has us now. I hope I'll be open to hearing from Him, I pray I won't miss any lessons or kairos moments because of being upset or distracted..."

Those of you who heard yesterday's sermon will understand that I felt like God had opened up my journal in public and underlined those words, and reinforced them, with His own warning: Genise, don't get so preoccupied with your ministerial "business as usual". If you do, you'll miss Me. Keep paying attention in a spirit of patience.

In Sunday's sermon Pastor Sam briefly touched upon the stories of some individuals who missed the moment and others who made the moment. This week we'll reflect on these lessons learned from the men and women who, in the face of the advent of Christ, reacted in ways that alternately brought revelation or kept them bogged them down in mere routine.

I encourage you to read Galatians 3:26 through Galatians 4:7 as preparation for looking at the sermon notes, with a mind to kairos: the opportune time where God is present to act... "at just the right time" (Galatians 4:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment