Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Make Way For The King

Today I'll be taking a break from the usual format. My prayer is that you'll take the time to read, and take heed.

On this past Monday morning during one of my prayer times, the Lord impressed upon me the need to revisit Ezekiel 9. It has been a long time since I read through the book of Ezekiel, so I did not remember what the chapter dealt with. It's now Wednesday. I'm still reeling over the words of judgement.

It's an old, reliable formula found throughout scripture: the righteous are spared and the wicked are destroyed. Perhaps the greater indictment here is that the wicked are in the house of God, serving as elders and yet worshiping idols, provoking God to wrath (see Ezekiel 8 for details). It is no wonder that, as judgement falls on the community, God gives a chilling directive: "'Utterly slay old men, young men, maidens, little children, and women, but do not touch any man on whom is the mark; and you shall start from My sanctuary.' So they started with the elders who were before the temple" (Ezekiel 9:6, italics mine).

The LORD knows who has His seal and who does not. I pray that each of you who minister from the platform are indeed sealed by God, and will live out your lives in total obedience to Him. If you are choosing to remain in disobedience, be assured that God will not remain a silent spectator.

Make way for the King.

1 comment:

  1. The word spoken by the Holy Spirit at the Friday Night Prayer 3/5/2010 at Grace Tabernacle in Brooklyn was 'Obedience to God'. This was confirmed through a deacon's testimony in the Sunday 3/7/2010 service when he referred to being obedient to the Pastor. I stand in agreement with the admonition given. Amen.

    ReplyDelete