Thursday, August 14, 2014

I Am One Happy Sheep.

[For those completing the book of Isaiah this week: Reading: Isaiah chapters 25-36]

You prepare a mesa – a table for me—
A plateau in the sight-line of my enemies.
The haters witness the blessing and seethe,
But their wicked hands
Cannot stop Your plans.
You anoint my whole head with oil,
Picking off the gnats and ants,
Clearing off the dry, caked soil
That once dirtied my face, my ears, my nose.
Your sovereign mighty hands
Provide so much more than mine can hold.
You pour Your grace; I’m held, secure,
Drenched in Your love from head to toes:
How my cup overflows!
(Paraphrase of Psalm 23:5; poetry mine)

In this past Sunday’s sermon, as Pastor Sam spoke on God’s compassionate care of His people, he referred to Psalm 23-- a passage in which we see God’s love in action.

What does our Lord do for us?

v  He provides for our needs.
v  He causes us to rest.
v  He feeds us.
v  He leads us.
v  He satisfies our thirsty souls.
v  He stands with us in our trials.
v  He comforts and corrects us.
v  He protects us from predators and enemies.
v  He blesses us beyond measure.
v  He shields us by the strength of His own character.

This is our Shepherd, our King, our God. As we go through our day today, let us praise Him for His watch-care over us.

Give thanks to the Lord our God! He is good! He has done great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment