Tuesday, May 13, 2014

This Is "Center City"...

At the beginning of this past Sunday’s sermon, Pastor Joy asked us all to take some time to center ourselves. Our pastor shared that as we took time to contemplate the goodness of God and the blessings He has bestowed upon us, we should also understand that God’s works continue: “…the particular blessings you’re thinking of just now, the Lord can do so much more.”

What do we contemplate as we enter the presence of the Lord? What’s on our minds when we commune with Him? The cares and concerns of this world sometimes burden us so heavily that we cannot appreciate the good things God has given us. Or, to take this thought a step further, our own failures and lost dreams might even cause us to withhold worship from God—the One we are called to worship not because of what He gives us, and not because our lives are good, but simply because He is good… and because He is God.

Today, as we did on Sunday, let’s take a minute to center ourselves-- not on the problems we see, but on the Lord we know.


God, the chorus sung by ancient Israel remains true today: The LORD is good, and His mercy endures forever! That is my confession. Thank You for Your presence and Your power. Thank You for reminding me that even though hardships abound in this world, Your goodness surpasses every pain that has crossed my path. I love You and I am grateful for You! Remind me of all the blessings You have poured into my life. I look forward to seeing Your hand of blessing and intervention in my life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment