Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Creed"-entials.

On this past Sunday, Pastor Andy shared with us concerning the Christian's response to adversity and pressure. During one point in his sermon, he made a series of short statements that I would like us to reflect on today. Whether we are personally experiencing hardships or not, our pastor's words are wonderful reminders of the power of God and His position as Lord above all circumstances.

As I listened to this section of the sermon again today, I began to understand and embrace Pastor Andy's words as a creed. They are true. They are good. I pray that these words will encourage you. (You may even want to commit these words to memory.)


What are we to do in a time like this?
Appeal to the sovereignty of God.
When I don't understand because I am limited, but God is limitless;
when I live in time, but He lives outside of time;
when I live in space, but He is Alpha and Omega--
He is the beginning and the end.
He is the first and the last.
God knows what He's about.
And so it is out of this backdrop that the apostles,
understanding the sovereignty of God,
and faced with a challenge,
understood that God was in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment