Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Open Invitation

"The Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit alone, is able to make the impossible possible." -Rev. Dr. Sam Vassel

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)

In this past Sunday's sermon Pastor Sam shared: "He who is able to do the impossible is now the main ingredient of our lives." The Holy Spirit, who is available to us, is able to do now what He did in past history: He makes the impossible possible.

We have been given opportunity to have a role in this process: our part in the project is to say yes to God. Our pastor asked us, "Have you opened your heart to the Holy Spirit?" In Luke chapter 1, we see that Mary did just that. She responded to the angel's message by opening her heart to the Lord: "I am the Lord's servant", Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." (Luke 1:38)

God is able to do things that we cannot imagine (see Ephesians 3:20-21). His power is not bound by the challenges and personal situations we face. Some of us have experienced this in certain areas of our own lives. But, do we believe that the Holy Spirit has the power to move in every area of our lives? Will we choose to say yes to the power of the Spirit, even when He invites our participation in seemingly impossible projects? Have we invited the Holy Spirit to have unrestricted access to us?

Lord God, there is no part of my life that is off-limits to You. I long to be part of Your work in the earth. I give You my mind, my heart, my body, my talents. In the midst of my challenges, and even in the midst of knowing that Your work in me might bring more challenges my way, I give myself to You. Lord, let it be unto me according to Your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment