Sunday, December 15, 2013

Oh, That I Might Rejoice In You!

I will be glad and rejoice in Your love, for You saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. You have not given me into the hands of the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place. (Psalm 31:7-8)

Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: "The LORD's right hand has done mighty things! The LORD's right hand is lifted high; the LORD's right hand has done mighty things!" (Psalm 118:15-16)

Then Hannah prayed and said: "My heart rejoices in the LORD; in the LORD my horn is lifted high. My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in Your deliverance. There is no one holy like the LORD; there is no one besides You; there is no Rock like our God." (First Samuel 2:1-2)

And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for He has been mindful of the humble state of His servant." (Luke 1:46-48)

Have you ever lost your joy? I have. It's an awful feeling.

My prayer for you today is that regardless of life's hardships, you might be able to take a moment today to tell God that you are rejoicing in Him-- even if you don't "feel" joyful. And I pray that as you press in to the rejoicing by faith, the Lord will perform a restoring work in you and bring you fullness of joy (see Psalm 16:11).

Almighty Lord, I rejoice in Your love.
Almighty Lord, I rejoice in Your saving power.
Lord God, I choose to rejoice in You. Thank You for being with me even in my lowest moments... and thank You for walking with me through the storm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment