Sunday, March 3, 2013

Third Sunday In Lent: Oculi

LENT

My eyes are continually focused on the LORD; He is the only one who can pull my feet out of the snare! (see Psalm 25:15)

This third Sunday in Lent is called Oculi (Latin for eyes), a reference to Psalm 25:15 (the verse used as an Introit in many liturgical churches this Sunday).

Psalm 25:15 has a wonderful juxtaposition of thoughts:

I keep looking at the One who I cannot see;
He will rescue me from the trap I did not see!

My enemies have set a strong trap;
My LORD is stronger than the trap they set!

Actually, I am in the trap right now; my feet are caught.
But I am looking to the LORD. He can untangle me!

There is no one else worthy to focus on, except the LORD;
There is no one else qualified to rescue, except the LORD.

Oculi. Indeed. Let's look to the LORD today... and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment