Friday, February 1, 2013

Is This Seat Taken?

In considering Pastor Joy's statement "The Lord wants us to involve Him in every thing we're doing", it is good to reflect on the truth revealed in Psalm 25:14. The NET Bible notes translate the Hebrew text as follows: "The advice of the LORD belongs to those who fear Him; and His covenant, to make them know."

Who gets to hear the advice of God? Those who fear Him.
Who gets to know God? Those who are in covenant with Him.

The good news, which our pastor shared with us, is that our Lord wants us to enjoy true intimacy with Him. The Lord wants us to be aware of the ways of His kingdom. He is ready to embrace us and reveal Himself to us. He is prepared to answer the deep questions in our hearts.

But, are we ready to sit with Him? I pray that we are.

In John chapter 15, we see the incredible privilege the Eleven disciples had (as we mentioned earlier this week, Judas Iscariot was not present for the discourse): what an honor to be able to receive counsel from God. For those who long for intimacy with God, the cost of the counsel is high but sweet. Joyful obedience to God. Authentic repentance. Continual renouncing of self and sin. Happy endurance of sufferings. As Pastor Joy said, "Nobody's perfect, but our faces must be perfectly turned towards the living God."

Amen. Let us turn to Him, that we might learn from Him.

Lord, I love You and reverence You. Lord, I am in full agreement with all that You say and do. Lord, I have no other agenda but Yours. Lord, You have no competitor, no rival dividing my heart. So here I sit. Fill me with Your Presence, speak Your mysteries to me, tell me Your secrets. I will hear; I will heed.

No comments:

Post a Comment