Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Circuit Maker.

Daniel said (9:2-4) "In the first year of [Darius'] reign I Daniel understood by books... that [God] would accomplish in seventy years the desolation of Jerusalem. And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes: And I prayed unto the Lord my God, and made my confession..."

He understood by books what was to come. What books? The Scriptures that he had available in those days. And as a result of his exposure to the Word of God, he prayed. It has been said that God purposes, therefore He promises. And we can add, "Therefore I pray the promises, so that God's purposes might come to reality." God purposed to do something, and He promised it, therefore Daniel prayed. This was his part in completing the circuit, like an electrical circuit, so that the power could flow through.

- from "How To Spend A Day In Prayer", Lorne C. Sanny

No comments:

Post a Comment