Friday, December 11, 2009

Peace Meal.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

God loved, God gave,
We believe, we live.

In this past Sunday's sermon Pastor Benji noted that Jesus became the peace offering for us, and part of the nature of an offering is that it must be consumed. To quote Pastor Benji, "God has made the first move in our road to reconciliation". It is He who made provision for us, long before we realized our need of it.

Perhaps the most amazing thing is that He made provision for us, then gave us the option to accept or refuse the offer. In love He does not force us to accept Him, but He desires that we make the choice to come to Him.

If you have not made the decision to say "yes" to God's great offer, why not do it now?

LORD God, I thank You for loving me and for demonstrating Your love by offering me eternal life through Your Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. I admit that I have sinned. I am sorry for the wrongs I have done, and I repent. With Your help I renounce all the evil I used to do, and now I cling to You. I believe that You are the only One who can save me. I thank You for coming to the world to save me, and I ask You to come into my heart now. Please live inside me. Please help me to do the things that please You. Please help me to show Your love to everyone I meet. I thank You Lord, and I pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment