Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My Father Cares For Me In My Loneliness.

Though my father and mother have abandoned me, the Lord will gather me in. (Psalm 27:10, NET translation notes)

God, our heavenly Father, gathers us in. We who belong to Him have this privilege of being held by Him. As Psalm 27:10 indicates, the presence and company of God is so powerful that it even soothes the soul that has been abandoned by parents.

In Sunday's sermon Pastor Sam shared the example of a child who raises her hands as an indication that she wants to be picked up and held. Have we raised our hands to God today? Have we asked Him to pick us up?

When God picks us up, we are held and embraced by His love.
When God picks us up, we are raised so that we can see Him more clearly.
When God picks us up, we are placed in a position to see things from His vantage point.

Today, as we reflect on the goodness of God, let us boldly ask Him to pick us up once more.

God, loving Father, I raise my hands to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment