Thursday, October 10, 2013

Lovers' Lane.

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. (Galatians 5:25)

Pastor Sam shared with us that his sermon series on Galatians will be in tandem with Bronx Bethany's current care group cycle. Between now and Ash Wednesday our care groups are engaging in study of the fruit of the Spirit, and the verses Galatians 5:22-23 are central to the study.

Our pastor shared that, as we go through this season, we will learn "what it will look like when the fruit of the Spirit is present, pre-eminent, and partnering with us."

Let us consider these questions for today:

  • Is the fruit of the Spirit, as detailed in Galatians 5:22-23, present in my life? Or, is my life still marked by the works of the flesh shown in Galatians 5:19-21?
  • Is the love of God pre-eminent in my life? Do people, when they interact with me, experience that love? (Galatians 5:13-14)
  • Do I partner, enthusiastically and exclusively, with the Holy Spirit? Does my life and lifestyle demonstrate a desire to please God, or myself? (Galatians 5:16-18)

Lord, give us grace to daily experience Your presence, pre-eminence, and partnership. Cause us to look, live, and love like You.

No comments:

Post a Comment