Friday, May 31, 2013

Oh, I Need Thee!

"But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but to call sinners to repentance." (Matthew 9:13)

During this past Sunday's sermon, Pastor Althea shared with us that there is a danger in thinking that our years of faith in Christ are sufficient reason for us not to need Him anymore. She said (and I paraphrase), if we think we're okay "on our own", then there's no room left for Jesus to do anything for us.

Our Lord says, "I have not come to call the righteous." Those who have declared themselves healthy have declared themselves exempt from experiencing God's power. Where does healing begin? It begins with the evidence and admission of need: a need that can only be supplied by God Himself.

God is eternally here. Let us draw near to Him, with all sorts of prayers, for all sorts of healing.

1 comment: