Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Speaking Of Prophetic...

In this past Sunday's sermon, Pastor Joy shared prophetic words at the beginning and at the end of the sermon.

[Now, for those of my readers who are Nazarene and are getting nervous, please relax and remember that the roots of our denomination are firmly planted in the ministry of the Holy Spirit. Prophecy is a promised gift, released to men and women, in order to make plain the word of the Lord to His people. The Bible indicates that, in a community of faith, there are people equipped to exercise this gift in order to build up the body of Christ. They do it under the direction of God, just as my fingers type these words under the direction of my brain.]

Two of the words our pastor shared were (and are):

1) "I want My people to know that nothing is impossible."
2) "The provision has already been made for the breakthrough."

These are prophetic words that we all need to hear. In a world of uncertainty, fear, and loss, our God has never lost His ability to do amazing things.  In an atmosphere of obedience, we trust that God will step in to our situations.

With God, nothing is impossible. There are numerous examples in Scripture of God causing seemingly impossible scenarios to be experienced: the parting of the Red Sea, physical healings, and even the transformation of weights and measures (as we see in Second Kings 4:1-7 and Second Kings 6:1-6). God is free to adjust the laws of nature in order to save and deliver His people.

*Do we believe that these accounts are true?
*Do we believe that our Lord is capable of performing miracles today?

The provision has already been made for the breakthrough. One of my favorite things about the ministry of Jesus is that, from time to time, He would tell His disciples what would happen before it happened. "Go to such-and-such a place and you will find..." (see Matthew 21:2 and 26:18). In other words, "I have already done all that needed to be done. You just go at My word, and You will find what I have done when you reach the place where I am sending you."

*Do we believe that our Lord knows our needs before we ask Him?
*Do we believe that God is able to provide?

Pastor Joy boldly proclaimed the word of the Lord to His people at Bronx Bethany.
I boldly proclaim that I am more mature today, because of that word.

What are you boldly proclaiming?

1 comment:

  1. My sister, I agree with you. Indeed, my faith is more mature to live like God can/will do the impossible! Sunday's message was on point. It was the kind of Word you chewed on. Hence, notes this Sunday were sparse.
    I'm still regurgitating the wonderful nuggets the Lord spread before us. "God will use the ridiculous, preposterous ... and even the unorthodox to fulfill His promises!" I'm all expectancy. God is up to something good. Let's put aside our preconceived ideas/notions and embrace even the "new thing that God will do"
    Blessings galore!

    Ouida

    ReplyDelete