Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pursued... Pursuing.

Pastor Richie shared some things during this past Sunday's sermon that gave us a glimpse of God's amazing love. While I will not recount the specific incidents he referred to, I will summarize the outcome of those incidents.

A correcting love. At times, God gets our attention and speaks to us in love concerning our standing with Him. In a season where we are not giving Him any attention, He nonetheless attends to us, reveals our fallen state, and points us to the way of holiness.

A choosing love. Our God holds the option concerning who does what in this world. And, for some of us, moments come in which He floods our soul with His glorious Presence. He tells us what we are destined to do for the advancement of His kingdom.

A captivating love. Whether expressed through His correction of error or His choosing of someone for a particular work, the love of God captivates us. When we become aware of the depths of His love, it becomes impossible to continue embracing and emulating things, people, or systems that stand in opposition to His Word.

If we truly and deeply love the One who loves us, then we will respond to His love with gratitude and joyful obedience.

Do you love Him? Does it show?

I passed by you and saw you polluted in your own blood. I spoke to you: "Live, live." I blessed you with life and growth and development. When you came of age I washed you clean and anointed you. I clothed you. I gifted you. I entered into covenant with you. I blessed you with prosperity and fame. I pursued you: it is now for you to pursue Me. Do not reject My love. Do not ignore My word. Do not forsake My way. (see Ezekiel 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment