Monday, September 17, 2012

Where Would I Be If Not For...

During yesterday's sermon Pastor Sam reminded us that, “whether we want to fight or not, we are in a war!”. And the key to winning the war is to recognize that God is on the side of the authentic Christian. Our God fights on behalf of those who rest in Him, feed on His word, and obey His commands.

Over this week we will reflect on various points from the sermon. Today, though, we consider two questions:

1) What Has God said to Bronx Bethany?

Say no to the fear.The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)

Say yes to the fight.Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. (Ephesians 6:11)

Let us be bold to not merely memorize the word of God, but also to meditate upon it! And, another m-word, let our fears melt in it. Our LORD is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4:24), and His word is a word that purifies us and burns out the dross of our lives. As we submit to His commands, we become purer reflections of His character.

2) What has God said to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment