Saturday, March 17, 2012

Radical Reconciliation: Memories of Dad.

Glossa Water was started on August 31, 2008. I started the blog on what we believed was my dad's birthday, although (as I mentioned in that first blog) the sketchy records of a Depression-era birth in the rural south left us wondering whether anyone knew his real birthdate.

On March 14th of this week my dad passed away. Though I and my family miss him, we are deeply grateful to God for Dad's time on this earth.

I am particularly indebted to Pastor Sam, who back in 2005 instructed me on the value of reconciliation. My parents divorced when I was a very young child, and in my early adulthood I drifted out of Dad's life, but in my mid-life years I was finally able to reconnect with my dad. It was wonderful to get to know Dad as he went into his twilight years, especially the past three or four years.

What will I remember about him? His incredible work ethic. His quick wit and humor. His consistency and transparency as he dealt with the challenges of old age.

The grace of God is indeed amazing. Thank You, Lord, for the gift of reconciliation.

No comments:

Post a Comment