Friday, March 23, 2012

"Jesus! Jesus! Deliver Me!"

During Pastor Sam's sermon, he told a little story about one of his relatives who would call out to Jesus in his sleep. I laughed. A lot of us in the congregation laughed. I think we were laughing because we thought it was so funny that a man who deeply loved the Lord would be compelled to cry out for deliverance, even in his sleep.

Something happened while I was laughing: the Spirit of the Lord told me that perhaps I should not be laughing so. And then Pastor Sam put words to the prompting that I felt: he told us that even though we might not be hanging out in places of ill repute, it is equally likely that the devil will seek to destroy us. Even in our own homes. In our own bedrooms. Even in our own minds.

We all stopped laughing.

Do you love the LORD with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength? Do you love your neighbor as yourself? Have you made the commitment to follow Jesus no matter what? Then, my friend, you have a target on your back. The devil wants to destroy you. And the devil knows you are not in the bar and not in the club, so he has plotted other means of getting to you.

And that is why every believer who prays The Lord's Prayer must appeal to God for deliverance. We all need to be delivered from the evil one.

Have you prayed today?

No comments:

Post a Comment