Saturday, February 6, 2010

'Noch-'Noch...

Today, let's consider one of the men Pastor Richie spoke of during his sermon.

In Hebrews 11:5, the writer tells us that Enoch was translated: that is, he did not die a physical death. He walked so closely with God, and was so pleasing to God, that God opted to skip natural law and allow Enoch to enter His glorious presence without having died.

How closely do you walk with God?

Earlier this week, I was reminded of the reality each Christian experiences: Christ, in us. The Lord of the universe chooses to make His dwelling place among us. (That is, if we let Him: He won't force Himself upon us.)

So, if the power that raised Christ Jesus from the dead dwells in me (see Romans 8:5-11), then what sort of life do I live? How do I approach the crises and challenges that come my way? What is my response when God speaks?

Friends, we have nothing to be afraid of. God loves us, and when He asks us to receive His word by faith we can trust Him. It really is that simple. Have faith in God.

Give in a spirit of trusting faith.
Love in a spirit of trusting faith.
Yes, God, I can take You at Your word. It's not just a line from a song, it's the way I live my life in You.

See you online next week, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment