Saturday, January 9, 2010

Now This Is Soul Food.

Friends, we have been called to get our priorities straight.

During Wednesday night's prayer meeting (1/6/10) Pastor Joy shared some of the notes she had taken during Pastor Sam's sermon. Below are just a few of them.

-Know the difference between the urgent and the important;
-Remember the parable of the rich fool- he paid no attention to his essential being, his soul;
-The only thing we can keep is that which is rich towards God (the content of the relationship that we have with God).


I hope we can all take away something from the sermon that will serve as a barometer for us as we go through this year. For me, it will be the reminder of Mary, Martha's "radical" sister whose heart for Jesus led her to defy cultural conventions. For you, it might be someone or something else.

My husband and I have been talking about this sermon all week, and it's been exciting to not just talk it, but start to live it. God is moving in Bronx Bethany, and we are on the verge of great and profound things... but it sails or fails based on our response to God. I urge you, I urge myself, be rich towards God.

That is our priority.

See you online next Tuesday, Lord willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment