Saturday, May 16, 2009

One. Ordinal. Ordinand.

Today we'll close out our thoughts on Pastor Benji's sermon.

In ecclesiastical language, "ordinal" is a book of instructions for conducting services, or a book of the forms used for the ordination of ministers.

In secular language, "ordinal" refers to order, rank, or position.

Before the fall, Adam and Eve were both number one on the earth.
After the fall, Adam was number one and Eve was number two.

Well, let's fast-forward to 2009 and ask ourselves some questions:

How do I respond to the authorities God has placed over me?
How do I respond to God's authority?
How do I treat God's book of instructions? Am I reading it? Am I living it?

In our fallen state, let us look to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith (see Hebrews 12:2).
In our fallen state, let us recognize that God is in heaven, and we are on earth: we can trust Him because He is in the highest position (see Ecclesiastes 5:2).

One day, we will reign with Him.
Today, we wait patiently and joyfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment