Saturday, May 9, 2009

Attitude Adjustment

"We must live the lifestyle of humility, brokenness, yieldedness, and surrender." -Reverend Julius

Friends,

There are people I pray for constantly, people I pray for regularly, and people I pray for occasionally. Today I want to tell you about someone I had never prayed for. I first met him last year and was taken aback by his hard attitude and overt lack of love for pastors. I did not pray for him in 2008, not even once. You know the old saying about first impressions? This individual made a lousy first impression. He reflected negativity, and I refused to be bothered with him.

But, he is my brother in the Lord. The greatest, most loving thing I can do is pray for him. I believe that as I pray, God intervenes. And, whether through counsel or crisis, God will make His voice heard. Three days ago I added this man to my prayer list. Better late than never! I and my brother are in the same boat: we desperately need Christ to transform us from glory to glory. God, help us all.

Special thanks to Reverend Julius for reminding us of the need for humility, brokenness, yieldedness, and surrender- the attitude adjustment that pays off in untold blessings.

I love you! See you on the blog next Tuesday, Lord willing.

Genise

No comments:

Post a Comment