Saturday, July 20, 2013

Done!

Pastor Andy's reference to Cory Booker's speech at the Global Leadership Summit had many of us leaving the church repeating a two-word directive: "Do something!"

...but what?

As we wrap up our week of reflections on Pastor Andy's sermon (based on Matthew 9:35-38), let's consider four things he shared that we can do:

We demonstrate God's love in the way we build relationships.
We are called to never abandon our connection to Christ Jesus.
We model the love of God by modeling the holiness of God.
We lead the way in providing leadership to the vulnerable.

As our pastor shared, there is a process we undergo when we "do something". We pray and trust God to equip us for the work He has birthed in us. And, for those of us who are not yet sure of what that "something" is, we trust God to show us what He wants us to do.

Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths, guide me in Your truths, and teach me: for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long. (Psalm 25:4-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment