Thursday, April 8, 2010

Whom The Lord Loves...

The LORD hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death. -Psalm 118:18

Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart... -Psalm 24:3 and following


In my estimation, one of the great dangers in Christendom is the practice of individuals singing songs. It's not a matter of vocal safety. It's the habit of persons singing out of routine, without regard to the implications of what they are singing.

"Purify my heart..." "Take my life and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee..." "I surrender all..."

Are we really ready for God to wash our hands? Do we know the true cost of heart purification?

Yes, LORD, I have counted the cost and I am ready to follow You. Please do whatever is necessary in order to bring me into deeper relationship with You. I know that when You discipline, it is always for good and never for harm. I love You and I trust You to do what is right. You, my perfect, awesome, loving Lord. I embrace all that You send.

No comments:

Post a Comment