Friday, February 27, 2009

Our Great Loss

Dear Friends,

Yesterday evening (Thursday) we were shocked and saddened to hear of the untimely death of our Pastor in charge of Latino Ministry (Ministerios Latinos), Reverend Publio Fajardo. He died suddenly, and we are not yet sure whether he may have had an aneurysm or perhaps a massive stroke or heart attack. Many of us went to his house to be in prayer and support of his widow, and most stayed until late in the evening.

Because my devotional blogs are written several days in advance, you'll continue to see the devotions posted for Friday and Saturday. I was thinking about removing them, but I know my friend Publio would have wanted the word of God to continue going forth- so I hope you'll see that continuation not as any sort of disrespect, but as tribute to Publio's heart for evangelism and discipleship.

Please keep his widow, Pastor Martha, in your prayers, as well as his children and their families. And please pray for our other pastors and denominational leaders who will have the difficult task of determining how to move forward regarding the leadership and administration of Ministerios Latinos at Bronx Bethany.

What God ordains is always good:
Though I the cup am drinking
Which savors now of bitterness,
I take it without shrinking.
For after grief God gives relief,
My heart with comfort filling
And all my sorrow stilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment