Friday, April 11, 2014

I Love You!

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)

I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to to me. But he said to me, "Don't do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!" (Revelation 22:8-9)

Nothing will be able to separate us from the love of God... not even the good things of life. 

In this past Sunday's sermon Pastor Sam noted that the "neither-nor" list in Romans 8 is one that contains extremes. Yes, there are demonic forces that would seek to turn our eyes from God. But there is also the risk that encounters with angels might turn our focus from God. We might be just as distracted by future hopes as we are by present pains. But, we are assured that the love of God is eternally existent and eternally available. He is Love, His love never ends, and He loves us.

Is there some bad thing that has seized all your attention?
Is there some good thing that has captured your heart?
Today I pray that we will turn our gaze away from circumstances, the bad and the good, and that we will bask in the incredible love of God.

Have we been chasing after the good things of life, instead of resting in the love of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment