Saturday, January 24, 2009

An Open Letter To An Open Letter From An Open Letter.

"It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them" (Second Peter 2:21).

My friend, I wish you would have chosen the way of righteousness. Your life is an open letter being read by all who interact with you. And they are seeing you. They know you as one who engages in a form of worship, but like Ezekiel they see you worshiping idols in the dark corners and the back rooms. They know you serve God and mammon; they know you pretend to serve God but you really are just serving yourself. That's why they aren't taking you seriously- it's because you aren't serious about serving God.

Guess what? I'm wide awake. And I am not giving in to sexual immorality, I am not giving in to idolatry, I am not engaging in indulgences. You will never corrupt me because I have completely given myself over to the ministry of the Holy Spirit. He teaches me to say no, and to keep saying no, to ungodliness and worldly passions. I am living soberly and righteously and godly- today, tomorrow, always. Guess what? People are seeing me too- yes, my life is an open letter. They know me as one who engages in true worship, walking in the light of Christ Jesus. And I am not leaving Him. I love Him too much.

Your heart is hard and you have refused to listen... so, as God told Balaam, as the angel of the LORD told Balaam, "Go". Go ahead, stand on every high place and open your mouth to try to curse the plan and program of God. Your idol sacrifices are of no avail. Your thievery is of no avail. The One True God has spoken blessing: your incantations over images and your slaughtering of animals are a waste of time. Your attempts at curses will fail, and blessings will be poured out on the faithful. Every time you open your mouth you will cause blessings to flood the households of the servants of God. That is what God does for His sons.

I have nothing in my hands: no status, no legacy, nothing upon which to stake a claim. But I do have something in my ears: the glorious word of God. I hear Him speaking and I say Yes; Yes, God, I will do as You say. And He says SOON- soon it will be over.

You do have hope, because the LORD is still sending warnings. But God help you when the prophetic warnings stop. Repent while you still have the chance. You detest me, but I love you. Don't stay in the error of Balaam.

No comments:

Post a Comment